FRI Admission 2022: Forest Research Institute, Dehradun offers admission into its M.Sc Programme for the session (2022-2024). Both Indian and Foreign Students can apply for the FRI Admission 2022. In the courses of M.Sc. Forestry, M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology, M.Sc. Environment Management & M.Sc. Cellulose & Paper Technology.
Forest Research Institute(FRI) Admission 2022
FRI, Dehradun Admission 2022 Notice published on 8 February 2022 and the Entrance Exam will be held on 22 May 2022. In this post, we will discuss the FRI Application form 2022, Examination dates, Eligibility Criteria, Examination Centre and Important Dates. At the end of the post, we will link all the official Information Bulletin and Application Form.
FRI Admission 2022: Important Dates
|Application Started||8 February 2022|
|Last Date of Submission Application||19 April 2022|
|Date of Online Remote Proctored Admission test||22 May 2022|
|1st Counselling Date||4 July 2022|
|2nd Counselling Date||7 July 2022|
|Date of starting a new session||12 July 2022|
FRI M.Sc Admission 2022: Seat Capacity, Course Availability
|Courses||Duration||Seat capacity [India]||Foreign|
|M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology||2||38||2|
|M.Sc. Environment Management||2||38||2|
|M.Sc. Cellulose & Paper Technology||2||20||–|
FRI Admission 2022: Eligibility Criteria
|M.Sc. Forestry||B.Sc. degree with at least one of the subjects namely Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology or a B.Sc. degree in Agriculture or Forestry.|
|M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology||B.Sc. degree with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry (PCM) or B.Sc. degree in Forestry.|
|M.Sc. Environment Management||B.Sc. degree in any branch of Basic or Applied Sciences or Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or Agriculture or BE/B.Tech in Environment Science|
|M.Sc. Cellulose & Paper Technology||B.Sc. degree with minimum 50% marks in aggregate in Science with Chemistry as one of the subjects. BE/B.Tech.
(Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with minimum 50% aggregate).
Forest Research Institute(FRI) Admission: Reservation Policy
- For SC & ST: 15% of total seats shall be reserved for Schedule Caste and 7.5% of Schedule Tribes
- For OBC: Reservation will be given as per Govt. of India
- For Physically Handicapped: 3% of seats shall be reserved under the persons with Disabilities
(Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995
FRI Admission Procedure
- A merit list of candidates including a waiting list will be formed for each course on the basis of aggregate marks secured in the written test.
- Candidates will be selected in order of merit in all categories. The list of selected will be declared on the website www.fridu.edu.in.
- The selected candidates will have to pay the prescribed fees and join the course by the due date notified. The fee has to be paid at the time of counselling otherwise the seat will be offered to the next candidate.
FRI Admission 2022: Documents Required at the time of Counselling
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate, if passed from University (to be submitted not later than 90 days of
- High School Certificate/equivalent Certificate and Mark sheet.
- Intermediate Certificate/equivalent Certificate and Mark sheet.
- B.Sc. degree/PDC and Mark sheet of all the three years or transcript
- M.Sc. degree and Mark sheet if any
- OBC certificate from District Magistrate or authorities empowered to issue a certificate
- SC/ST certificate on the basis of which reservation is claimed.
- Physically Handicapped certificate from Civil Surgeon/C.M.O.
- Aadhar Card
Forest Research Institute(FRI): Scholarship
- FRI provides merit scholarships to the topper students in each course.
- The scholarship may be up to 50% of the Tuition Fee per semester and is awarded separately for each semester depending on the result of the previous semester
FRI Admission 2022: How to Apply
- Interested & Eligible Candidates may apply for admission test on the prescribed application form for any of the courses mentioning the name of the course with its Code No.
- Time and Venue of Admission Test will be Mention in Admit Card
- Application fees for the admission test for each Course is Rs. 1500/– ( A candidate can apply for multiple courses but they have to pay Rs. 1500/- for each course)
FRI Dehradun Admission Test (Entrance Test) Patterns
The Written Test will be Objective Types and The Duration of Test is 3 Hours
- Basic Sciences including Social Science (100 questions)
- Arithmetic and Quantitative abilities, Computational ability, Quantitative reasoning,
Interpretation of Tables, Graphs, etc. (40 questions)
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs (30 questions)
- English Language, Comprehension, Vocabulary, Grammar, Idioms, etc. (30 questions)
*There will be negative marking for the wrong answer to the extent of one-fourth (¼) of the marks allotted to the questions.
|FRI Information Bulletin||Click Here|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Sample Question Paper for FRI Entrance Exam||Click Here|